I got this from a distant cousin. The note at the bottom said it was obtained from "Lg Lib - Early to 1904 - US Utah Cache V2cen" I think this means, Logan Library, and the rest is likely a partial title and catalog number. The entries refer to the "Journal" which is likely the Logan "Journal" newspaper. The Family History Library does not have this record. The Utah Digital Newspapers for the Logan Journal newspaper only goes up to 1898 and all Curtis entries for our family were dated 1901 and 1902. Further research is still needed to find a copy of this newspaper. The following is a transcription and notes about each of the Curtis entries on this photocopy:
- Curtis, Dair (Clair) dau. of A.J. Curtis died 24 Aug 1896, Logan Jrnl 25 Aug 1895:8:4. I don't know how this child fits into our Curtis family.
- Curtis, Benjamin died in Preston, formerly of Logan Jrnl 18 Dec 1902:5:2. The fact that this record states Benjamin was formerly of Logan and that he died in Preston is good evidence that this record is for our Benjamin Kingman Curtis. If this record is only an index, then perhaps the original newspaper entry has more details.
- Curtis, D.E. 27 of Preston & Etta Brown, 21 of Lewiston; Jrnl 26 Mar. 1901 Mar. Lic. This is the marriage license notice of DeWilton Emory Curtis and Audeca Etta Brower. DeWilton is Benjamin's son. Four years later Etta died and was buried in the Preston City Cemetery in Preston, Idaho. Her headstone simply reads "Etta"
- Curtis, Dau of Charles Curtis of Logan, died. Jrnl 27 June 1901:-:2. Benjamin had a son named Friend Charles Curtis, but he was not living in the Logan area at the time of this child's death.
- Curtis, Ethan, Hyrum, Utah death Jrnl 25 Sep 1902:8:2. I don't know who this is and I don't think he is connected to our Curtis family.
- Curtis, 3 year old child of Mr. & Mrs. George Curtis formerly of Logan second ward. died 25 June 1901 Jrnl :8:3. I believe this is George Leslie Curtis and his wife Emily Faith Ash. They had two daughters who died young. One died the same day she was born on 9 October 1890, her name was Sophia. The second daughter, Cora Emily, was born 24 Sep 1898, died almost three years later on 22 June 1901, and was buried 24 June 1901. This record is likely the notice of her death.
- Curtis, Lehi W. b 27 May 1856 Springville, Utah d. 5 May 1885 Blacksmith Fork Canyon, Ut. I don't think this person is connected to our Curtis family.