Known by many as Minnie Hobbs, her full name was Mary Lavantia Curtis Hobbs. She was the daughter of Benjamin Kingman Curtis and Sarah Lavantia Card.
Mary was born 1 February 1871 at Grand Rapids, Kent Co., Michigan. She married James Conroy Hobbs on 5 May 1893 in Logan, Cache Co., Utah. Mary and James had five children, three girls and two boys:
1. Phyllis Lovantia Hobbs (1895-1980)
2. Iris Ann Hobbs (1896-1952)
3. Ilah Rose Hobbs (1897-1959)
4. Horace James Hobbs (1898-1899)
5. Noble Curtis Hobbs (1901-19124)
Mary died 27 January 1958 in Ramona, San Diego Co., California and was buried 1 February 1958 at the Odd Fellows Cemetery in Los Angeles, Los Angeles Co., California.
Does anyone have a picture of her headstone that we could add to this blog?